- Prospective Students
- Admitted Students
- Tuition & Funding
I AM UNI
Hundreds of military students, their families and veterans feel right at home at UNI. We understand your unique needs and are here to make your transition to campus life as smooth as possible.
- UNI was named a Military Friendly school by G.I. Jobs magazine for its commitment to educating veterans. UNI is among the top 20 percent of the nation’s colleges, universities and trade schools to receive this honor.
- Nearly 240 UNI students receive VA benefits. Many of these students receive Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits to help cover their college costs.
- UNI grants resident status for tuition and fee purposes to any qualified veteran who enrolls at UNI. Spouses and dependent children are eligible for resident tuition if the qualified veteran is domiciled in the state of Iowa.
- UNI offers traditional on-campus classes, as well as several online, distance, and night and weekend classes to fit busy schedules.
- Get answers to Frequently Asked Questions.
- Learn about financial aid opportunities for service members.
- Schedule a campus visit to meet with Dan Schofield, Assistant Director of Admissions, who works with active-military students and veterans.
- Contact Julia M. Heuer, Military & Veteran Student Services Coordinator. She can help you make important connections with campus resources.