down arrowMenu

Office of Academic Advising

FAQ - Who is my Academic Advisor?

FAQ - Who is my Academic Advisor?

Your academic advisor's name is listed on your STUDENT CENTER on MyUNIverse.
 To access your Student Center:

  1. Log in to your MyUNIverse page
  2. Choose "Go to my Student Center" on the My Page tab  
  3. Your academic advisor (labeled as program advisor) and contact information will be listed in the right hand column.

 Information about your declared major can be found in the “My Academics” link in your Student Center.  Once you have reviewed this academic information:

  • If Major listed is correct and advisor or advising center is listed - Contact that specific advisor or advising center for assistance.
  • If Major listed is correct but no Advisor or "None Assigned" is listed - Contact the academic department of your declared major to have them assign an advisor.
  • If Major listed is not correct - Contact the Office of Academic Advising

Contact the Office of Academic Advising (319-273-3406) to obtain advising or department contact information for a specific major.

Academic Advisors in the Office of Academic Advising work with individuals who are deciding, changing majors, first-year students, and experiencing academic difficulties. We can help you develop meaningful educational plans compatible with your life and career goals. We provide information and assistance concerning:

  • Choosing / changing your major
  • Exploring minors and certificates
  • Academic requirements, policies and procedures
  • Resources and experiences for your success