Main Camp Objectives:
- Mechanical construction:
- Complete construction of a functioning mini-sumo robot. These are autonomous vehicles, designed each to push an opponent off of a 30" circular arena.
- Students take home the robots that they build
- Computer programming (IsoMax Forth language) permitted and encouraged, but not required.
- All necessary code for effective functioning of the sumo will be provided.
- Students with a special interest in code often make significant contributions to the camp through code development and exploration.
Highlights of past camps:
The camp culminates with a public mini-sumo robot competition, to which parents are invited.
This work is supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant Number EPS-1101284.
Monday, June 24, 2013 to Friday, June 28, 2013
$345. Add about $200 for the residential option
Physics Building, University of Northern Iowa, Cedar Falls, Iowa
Camp Director email: firstname.lastname@example.org Physics Department Office: 319-273-2420