Dean's Award for Excellence in Research, Scholarship or Creative Activity
The Dean's Faculty Award for Superior Achievement in Research, Scholarship, or Creative Activity recognizes any faculty members who have displayed superior achievement in their scholarly pursuits. Each faculty awardee receives $1000 and an engraved plaque, to be presented at the CHAS faculty meeting in the following fall semester.
Any faculty member, permanent, term or temporary, in the College of Humanities, Arts and Sciences who has not received this award in the last five years is eligible for nomination.
Criteria for selection are as follows:
- Books or articles published in refereed scholarly journals in one's discipline
- Peer-reviewed products of creative activity.
- A record of external grant applications and successful support.
- Contributed and invited scholarly papers at professional conferences, symposia workshops, etc.
- Student involvement in one's research, scholarship or creative activity.
Each department head may nominate one faculty member from his/her department based on the stated criteria. Final selection is made by the Council of Department heads.