Graduate Assistantship Instructional Technology
Position Title: Graduate Teaching Assistant
Reports to: Dr. Leigh Zeitz, Lead Teacher for Educational Technology and Design
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester - August 22-December 16, 2016: 20 hours per week, beginning first week of the semester and ending the last day of final exam week. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester - January 9-May 5, 2017: 20 hours per week, beginning first week of the semester and ending the last day of final exam week. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Will be expected to attend organizational meetings on Tuesdays, 9:30 – 11:30; one 1-hour lecture on Monday; 3 – 4 1-hour labs on Wednesdays and Fridays.
- Full assistantship salary:
- MA - $5,044 per semester
- Doctoral - $7,560 per semester
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- The Graduate Assistantship and Tuition Scholarships will be applied for and awarded separately. Receiving one will not ensure that the other will be awarded to the applicant.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
- Attend at least one lecture per week;
- Collaboratively teach labs on Wed and Friday.
- Become familiar with student assignments by completing them,
- Attend weekly organizational meetings,
- Correct homework, and
- Provide general support for the success of the course.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Preferred: Background experience in teaching.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships)
Applications received by March 31, 2016 will be given preferential consideration.