Graduate Assistantship Jacobson Endowed Literacy Chair
Position Title: Graduate Assistant
Reports to: Dr. Ralph Reynolds, Jacobson Endowed Literacy Chair
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semeste - August 22-December 16, 2016: 20 hours per week, beginning first week of the semester and ending the last day of final exam week. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester - January 9-May 5, 2017: 20 hours per week, beginning first week of the semester and ending the last day of final exam week. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Full assistantship salary:
- MA - $5,044 per semester
- Doctoral - $7,560 per semester
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- The Graduate Assistantship and Tuition Scholarships will be applied for and awarded separately. Receiving one will not ensure that the other will be awarded to the applicant.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
- Prepare or design of curriculum materials.
- Writing of human subjects applications.
- Literature review, report, conference presentation, or manuscript writing and editing.
- Drafting of grant applications>
- Data coding, entry into spreadsheets, and analysis.
- Transcription of videos or audiotapes of research subjects.
- School visits related to research.
- Maintain and communicate progress regularly with supervisor(s).
- Other duties related to support of faculty research efforts.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Preferred: Background experience in teaching.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships)
Applications received by March 1, 2016 will be given preferential consideration.