Graduate Assistantship School Library Studies
Position Title: Graduate Assistant
Reports to: Dr. Karla Krueger, Coordinator of the School Library Studies Program
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester - August 22-December 16, 2016: 20 hours per week, beginning first week of the semester and ending the last day of final exam week. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester - January 9-May 5, 2017: 20 hours per week, beginning first week of the semester and ending the last day of final exam week. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Full assistantship salary:
- MA - $5,000 per semester
- Doctoral - $7,500 per semester
- Salary will be prorated weekly for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- The Graduate Assistantship and Tuition Scholarships will be applied for and awarded separately. Receiving one will not ensure that the other will be awarded to the applicant.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistant System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
- Learn about Iowa AEA Online databases and literary resources and assist with development of trainings.
- Share advocacy for the teacher librarians' role through online resources and face to face classes as needed.
- Assist with research projects, data collection and analysis.
- Assist with gathering and organizing literature, websites or other materials for classes.
- Help organize materials for research, practicum, and conferences.
- Support data collection of program outcomes and organize records.
- Link theory to practice in conversation and when sharing instructional strategies.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Preferred: Background experience in teaching.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships)
Applications received by March 1, 2016 will be given preferential consideration.