Announcement: Open Faculty Position in the Department of Educational Leadership & Postsecondary Education starting in August 2014
The Department of Educational Leadership & Postsecondary Education is looking for qualified candidates to join our faculty team as an assistant/associate professor in the Educational Leadership program starting in August 2014. More information regarding this open position, can be found here.
Applications for the position are due January 14, 2014. To apply, please visit Jobs@UNI.
Welcome from Victoria Robinson, Department Head
The Department of Educational Leadership and Postsecondary Education provides programs for future principals, superintendents and postsecondary student affairs professionals.
Our faculty deliver relevant and rigorous curriculum, create meaningful internship experiences, model collaborative relationships and foster intellectual inquiry. They work to connect people to ideas, people to opportunities, people to people and people to themselves.
Head, Department of Educational Leadership and Postsecondary Education
Educational Leadership and Postsecondary Education Facts
- The UNI College of Education has served more than 250 schools, 1,500 educators, and 75,000 students through professional development, classroom instruction, and student activities.
- 23 percent of Iowa's teachers and 33 percent of school administrators come from UNI, with 500 new teachers graduating each year.
- More than 12,000 alumni educators live in Iowa.
- 1,330 alumni educators live in Black Hawk County, and 1,491 alumni educators live in Polk County.
- Since 1986 there have been 80 graduates in our Ed.D.-Educational Leadership program.
What's Happening . . .
Nick Pace Recipient of 2012 Diversity Matters Award
The Diversity Matters Award is given to individuals in recognition of their efforts to help the university achieve its diversity-related goals. For more information about the award, visit http://www.uni.edu/diversity/townhall.shtml.
Department Head Victoria Robinson quoted in the Gazette, January 19, 2012
UNI Acknowledged for Top Graduate Programs
Programs within UNI's College of Education (COE) and College of Business Administration (UNI/Business/) rank among the best in the nation, according to the 2012 edition of "Best Graduate Schools," published by U.S. News & World Report. All graduate programs within the COE's five departments were acknowledged for their high quality, earning the COE a ranking of 151 out of 279 programs reviewed. UNI/Business/'s part-time MBA program was recognized with a ranking of 166 out of 199 programs reviewed. For details, visit http://www.usnews.com/education.
March 17, 2011 UNI Online