Prospective Students

Welcome!  We are happy that you have found us and would welcome the opportunity to discuss any one of our programs with you in greater detail.  We are quite proud, not only of our programs, but of the many opportunities we have to offer students outside of the classroom as well.

We invite you to tour our beautiful campus, visit with a faculty member, and ask questions about one of our many fine programs within the Health Promotion/Education, Physical Education, Athletic Training, and/or Leisure, Youth and Human Services areas.  To schedule a visit, please contact our Admisisons office via e-mail, phone (1-800-772-2736) or by visiting our campus visit webpage.  Schedule your visit today!

Financial Aid Office - For more information on eligibility, applying for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and deadlines, plus visit the Financial Aid Office's website  It is also through this website that students (both admitted and non-admitted) may apply for scholarships.  The process of applying for scholarships at UNI has never been easier.  Students may apply for a number of scholarships simply by completing one scholarship application.

All students are encouraged to learn about how they may benefit from taking an Advanced Placement class and/or earning transfer credit from a community college.  Students with questions about any one of these areas should contact the Admissions Office.

Transfer Plan It - This is an online system that allows transfer students to see how their credit will transfer from any one of Iowa's community college.  This system is also helpful for current students who may want to take a summer course from their local community college.

Advanced Placement (AP) Tests - High school students who are enrolled in Advanced Placement classes are encouraged to take the exam at the end of their class.  The scores are then submitted to the UNI Admissions Office.  If successful, students can apply the credit toward their college degree.


The School of Health, Physical Education and Leisure Services (HPELS) at UNI offers students many majors and minors from which to choose.


                           Bachelor degrees include:

Athletic Training

Health Promotion
Movement & Exercise Science Physical Education - Teaching
Leisure, Youth & Human Services    


                          Minors offered are:

Health Education - Teaching Health Promotion
Coaching Physical Education - Elementary Teaching
Leisure, Youth & Human Services  


                           Advanced degrees include:

Athletic Training (M.S.) Health Education (M.A.
Physical Education (M.A.) Leisure, Youth & Human Services (M.A.)

                           Ed.D. degrees offered: 

Allied Health, Recreation & Community Services Intensive Study Area


                           Certificates offered include:

Environmental Health Certificate Certificate in Global Health & Health Disparities
Aquatics Specialization Certificate Nonprofit Management Certificate
Outdoor Recreation Certificate School-Age Care Leadership Certificate
Tourism Certificate  




More detailed information on the above programs can be found in the UNI Course Catalog.