Professional Development for Teachers (MAE)
Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form to the right to express your interest in joining a future Professional Development for Teachers MAE cohort. The next cohort is tentatively scheduled to begin Fall 2013. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines.
Apply for admission
We are still accepting applications for the cohort beginning Fall 2013. We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible.
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study
- Please note that you are applying for admission in the category of Degree Status for Fall 2013.
- The major for which you are applying is Ed Psych: Prof Dev for Teachers MAE (major code 298).
- Please follow the Checklist for Graduate Admissions.
- If you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Submit your letter of intent stating your interest in the program and two letters of recommendation to the Department of Educational Psychology and Foundations. These documents may be sent via email to Debra Jacobs at email@example.com.
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, you will receive confirmation from UNI Admissions staff that they have received and forwarded your application and transcripts to the Department of Educational Psychology and Foundations for review.
The department will review your application, letters of recommendation, letter of intent and transcripts and contact you regarding your acceptance into the program. Following admission to the program, you will receive information about how to enroll in the first set of courses.
Delivery of the program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.