Social Science for Teachers Grades 6-12 (MA)
Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form to the right to express your interest in joining a future Social Science for Teachers Grades 6-12 MA cohort. The next cohort is tentatively scheduled to begin Summer 2013. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines.
Apply for admission
We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible. Full consideration will be given for applications completed no later than May 15, 2013.
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study
- Please note that you are applying for admission in the category of Degree Status for Summer 2013.
- The major for which you are applying is Social Science (major code 90G).
- Please follow the Checklist for Graduate Admissions.
- If you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $50 application fee.
- Letter of application/intent stating your interest in the program
- Two letters of recommendation
- Submit to:
University of Northern Iowa
328 Seerley Hall
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0701
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, Graduate Admissions will forward your materials to the program coordinator for review. You will receive notice from Graduate Admissions acknowledging receipt of your application.
The program coordinator will review your application, letters of recommendation, letter of intent and transcripts and will contact you regarding your acceptance into the program. Following admission to the program, you will receive information about how to enroll in the first set of courses.
Delivery of the program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.