2012-13 compensation for course development and maintenance
Overload teaching (fall and spring semesters)
- Off-campus, ICN and on-campus - $1548 per credit hour
Guided Independent Study (open enrollment)
- Online course development - $1000 per credit hour
- Grading - $80 per credit hour for students who complete course; $15 per lesson/exam for students who do not complete
- Course revisions - the amount of pay will be based on the nature and scope of the revision
Online courses (semester-based)
- Course development - $1000 per credit hour if accepted as an online course development award based on Quality Matters standards (one-time only, paid the first time a course is taught online -- full-time UNI faculty and staff only). Adjuncts will be paid $300 per credit hour (one-time only, paid the first time a course is taught online).
- Teaching and grading (fall and spring) - $1548 per credit hour
- Full-time instruction of organized summer courses offered through Continuing and Distance Education will be paid at the rate of 1/27th of the faculty member's nine-month academic-year salary for each semester credit hour taught.
- Summer on-campus workshops (numbered 133/233 and lasting one week or less) have an escalator clause. In addition to the base salary of $1548 per credit hour, instructors will be paid 65% of all tuition collected beyond 12 enrollments, not to exceed a total salary of 1/27th of the faculty member's nine-month academic-year salary for each semester credit hour taught.
- Continuing and Distance Education reserves the right to cancel courses that do not receive sufficient enrollments to cover costs.