GISP EDPSYCH 4116/5116 Psychology of Adolescence -- 2 unit(s)
Psychological concepts applied to adolescent intellectual, physical and psychosocial behaviors; designed to improve understanding of, and relationships with, adolescents and their search for identity.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in a print-based format. Mail completed assignments to the GIS Office. We will forward them to the instructor for grading.
- UNI students: EDPSYCH 2030 or equivalent or consent of instructor; junior standing.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Radhi Al-Mabuk, Professor
Santrock, J. W. Adolescence. 2001/8th edition. Dubuque, IA: McGraw-Hill.
Additional Course Materials
Students taking this course for undergraduate credit are required to write two article critiques, two pages in length for each. Students taking the course for graduate credit are required to write four article critiques. You may choose articles published between 1999 and the present in the following journals: Adolescence, Journal of Adolescence, Journal of Early Adolescence, Journal of Adolescent Research, Youth & Society, Human Development, Child Development, Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at 2637 Hudson Road, Cedar Falls. Campus Map
- For more information
- Diane Tournier
Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746