down arrowMenu

of Residence

Live at UNI while attending HCC or Allen

Students attending one of our partner schools, Hawkeye Community College or Allen College, are welcome to live with us on campus at UNI! Please speak with your respective admissions office for details and to set up a tour of our residence halls.
Below is a quick snapshot of the various services that are available to students attending a partner college while living on campus at UNI, as well as additional details regarding contracting to live on campus. For more detailed information on any of the services below, please contact the respective department.

Service Description Contact
Academic Advising
(Free Access)
Academic Advisors are available to meet with HCC students at no cost on a walk-in basis or by appointment.
Office of Academic Advising
102 Gilchrist Hall
(319) 273-3406

Rob Library
(Free Visitor Pass)


You must complete a visitor's pass to check out books at Rod Library. You may do so at the circulation desk. There is no charge for borrowing privileges; you may check out up to 10 times. Library facilities are always available for studying.

(319) 273-2462

Wellness/Recreation Center

Purchase a membership to use the Wellness/Recreation Center. Cash and check are accepted for payment.

Wellness & Recreation Services
WRC 101
(319) 273-6275

Parking Permits
($31.20 - $54.70/yr)

To park on campus, you must purchase either a "C" [$54.70] or "R" [$31.20] permit.

Department of Public Safety
30 Gilchrist Hall
(319) 273-2710

Athletic Events

The Panther Pass is used for admission to all home athletic events. It also gains you access to student performances in music and theatre venues, as well as reduced ticket prices to events at GBPAC. This cost can be added to your U-bill.

To purchase a Panther Pass, do one of the following:

1. Complete the Panther Pass Order Form and return to:

McLeod North Plaza Ticket Office
2401 Hudson Rd
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0313

2. Purchase a Panther Pass in person at the McLeod North Plaza Ticket Office.

Get your Panther Pass at least 3 days before you want to access Panther Pass privileges.

Your Panther Pass will be a laminated ticket which you will present with your UNI ID card at events. The Panther Pass also gets you into student performances in music and theater venues.

(319) 273-3681


ResNet is UNI’s on-campus Internet connection. You are able to connect your internet-capable devices over ResNet's wireless network or through the wired port in your room. A connection guide will be provided upon move-in.

ResNet Help Desk
(319) 273-7768

Computer Labs

Computer labs are readily accessible throughout
campus and are connected to the internet.

Department of Residence 
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333

Dining Dollars

Dining Dollars are part of your meal plan and can 
be accessed via your ID Card. Dining Dollars can 
be used at all food venues throughout campus for 
any food or beverage purchases.

Department of Residence
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333


HCC students living at UNI must sign a waiver
releasing verification of enrollment, grades and 
other pertinent information. This provides
verification of enrollment and academic progress. 
The form is mailed with the contract application.

Department of Residence
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333


Payments on room and board follow UNI's billing schedule. Timely payments assure your continued access to UNI housing. If you select the monthly payment option, there will be a $20 fee per semester, and you must enroll in a payment plan. Monthly payments are due on the 20th. You also have the option to pay once per semester, in August and January.

Department of Residence
010 Redeker Center
(319) 273-2333

UNI Alerts

Sign up for alert messaging through the UNI Alert 
System. Receive notifications via phone, text or 

Contact Information

University of Northern Iowa Department of Residence
Redeker Center 0252
Cedar Falls, IA 50614-0252
(319) 273-2333
Toll free: 1-866-207-9411

Online contact form