Here are some lists that will help you determine what to bring. We suggest you travel lightly. Fewer things. Smaller things. Good luck packing and traveling!
Don't bother to bring these items: they are already provided in your room.
- Bed loft (Campbell Hagemann, Lawther and Shull Hall and ROTH Complex)
- Carpet (Bender and Dancer)
- Panther Planner (free day-by-day calendar)
- Desk and Chair
- Drapes or Blinds
- Single bed (frame, mattress, and mattress cover)
- Recycle Container
These are things you should be sure to bring.
- Alarm clock/radio
- Bath items (towels, washcloths, soap, shower caddy, sandals)
- Bedding (pillow, pillowcase, extra-long sheets, blankets) See Residence Hall Association offer!
- Cash and/or ATM card
- Cell phone
- Clothing (limited amounts)
- Decorations (posters, pictures, sticky-tack)
- Driver's license and social security card (for employment ID)
- ID card
- Key ring
- Laundry items (detergent, basket, hangers)
- Medications (prescriptions, aspirin, etc.)
- Portable fan
- Room cleaning supplies
- School supplies (backpack, notebook, pens, highlighters, etc.)
- Sink and shower supplies (shampoo, soap, bucket)
- Snack utensils (silverware, plates, can opener, etc.)
- Surge protector power strips
Please, don't bring any of these things.
- Air conditioner
- Ceiling fan
- Hanging items (that need nails)
- Fireworks (any explosives)
- Open coil appliances (hotplate)
- Halogen torchier or medusa lamps
- Pets (except fish)
- Water bed
- Weapons and/or ammunition
- Toy weapons (ex., AirSoft Guns)
These are optional items you may want to bring. Be sure to coordinate with your roommate(s).
- Bed loft materials and tools to assemble (except in Campbell, Hagemann, Lawther and Shull Halls and ROTH Complex). Renting a loft is the most popular option.
- Bike (and heavy duty lock)
- Closet hooks
- Cooking appliances (with closed UL-approved heating elements)
- Desk lamp
- Dishwashing soap
- Floor fan
- George Foreman grill
- Headphones (for stereo)
- Lounging furniture
- Microwave oven
- Pizza Pizzaz
- Refrigerator (4.5 cu. ft. or smaller)
- Sewing kit
- Stereo, CDs, DVDs, iPod
- TV, CD, DVD players
- Vacuum cleaner
- Video game players