Because when you live on campus you are already there.
Choosing to live on campus affords students the full college experience. With a mix of traditional halls, suite-style and apartment-style halls, as well as an apartment complex, students will find the accommodations and lifestyle they're looking for as they transition through college, all while placing them in the center of university life.
Our residence halls give students easy access to the events and activities happening around campus, surround them with friends, offer learning beyond the classroom and of course make the walk to class that much shorter. Plus, they're never far from getting something great to eat at one of our award-winning dining centers, the food court in Maucker Union, our cafe in Rod Library, a food cart or convenience store. Living on campus helps ease the transition to college life, gets students involved and makes them feel connected, all while they earn better grades on their track to graduating in four years.
- UNI continues to maintain low residence hall and dining rates among universities in the Missouri Valley Conference. The cost of tuition compares favorably to an average cost at 25 other four-year public and private institutions in Iowa. Living on campus at UNI means quality surroundings, fantastic food and endless opportunities to get involved and make friends - all at a reasonable price.
- By living on campus, students avoid extra utility bills, security deposits, a grocery bill and haggling roommates for their portion of the rent.
- All residence halls are open over breaks (Thanksgiving, Winter, Spring). Panther Village, ROTH and Shull are open for student living during the summer months. Hillside-Jennings remains open year-round.
- 10 minutes or less walk to all buildings on campus
- Dining centers either attached or in close proximity
- All-inclusive rent with payments once per semester
- Accessible parking
- Common areas within each hall for social gatherings or studying
- Housing facilities are locked 24/7
- Staff on-site 24/7
- UNI Police
Check out our Housing & Dining Guide to find out more. We hope to see you on campus soon!