Rest of the Weekend
Here are some things you should do before classes begin.
- Introduce yourself to your resident assistant (RA).
- Get acquainted with your own building.
- Get to know your roommate (background and preferences for such things as sleep time, having guests in the room, etc.).
- Get acquainted with your neighbors.
- Buy books.
- If you don't have your uCard, get one at the Department of Residence office in Redeker Center.
- Apply for a part-time job at the nearest dining center.
- Complete and return to your RA the Room Condition Report. On this report you will itemize the status of your room, so you don't get charged at the end of the year for things that may have been damaged prior to your arrival.
- Tour campus, to find the locations of your Monday classes.
- Participate in hall events too!