Table Tent Policy
Guidelines for Distribution in UNI Dining Centers
LIMIT OF ONLY ONE RESERVATION PER MONTH FOR AN ORGANIZATION OR DEPARTMENT.
Recognized student organization and University offices/departments may display table tents in one or more of the dining centers on campus. Exercise of this privilege requires adherence to specific guidelines. Failure to follow the guidelines will result in forfeiture of the privilege.
Limit: One Tent for Two Days
No more than one group and one tent per table will be allowed during any of the publicity periods. Each group has access to tables seating more than 4 people. Small tables and counter areas will not be used for table tent display. Department of Residence (DOR) will reserve the right to post an additional table tent so up to two table tents may be posted at each publicity period on each table. These periods go from 2 PM to 2 PM on the following days: Monday-Wednesday (two days), Wednesday – Friday (two days) and Friday – Monday (three days). It is therefore, imperative that reservations be made to ensure that a group’s time has been set aside.
Steps to follow:
Contact the receptionist in the Department of Residence (Redeker Center (319) 273-2333) or email the Assistant Director for Residential Dining at email@example.com to reserve dates for one of the following time periods.
- Monday 2 PM to Wednesday 2 PM
- Wednesday 2 PM to Friday 2 PM
- Friday 2 PM to Monday 2 PM
- At least 3 days before the reservation date, an electronic version of your table tent must be submitted to Carol Fletcher, Assistant Director for Residential Dining, for approval at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Print table tents according to the following criteria:
- Print table tents on recycled paper, 80# weight. (Strongly recommended, it holds up better.)
- Not to exceed half of an 8 1/2” by 11” sheet of paper.
- Avoid bright pink paper because it have a tendency to stain the tables.
- The Primary focus must be on the message or event of the sponsoring UNI group.
- Table tent may not advertise goods or services that compete with those provided by the University.
- No more than 1/3 of the flyer may contain information referencing off-campus sponsors.
- Not to include racist, sexist or libelous words or pictures.
- Not to promote the consumption of alcoholic beverages or events at local bars and restaurants.
- Includes name of sponsoring NISG recognized organization or UNI office/department.
- Attractive layout and composition
- Must be either taped or stapled so it easily stays upright on the table.
Take “approved” copies with appropriate number of tents to each dining center between 2 PM and 4 PM on the scheduled Monday, Wednesday and Friday. You must check in with a manager before placing table tents on tables. The number of tents needed is 100 for Rialto and 100 for Piazza for a total of 200. You may print and post less table tents if desired. The group is responsible for placing the table tents on the tables. Table tents will be removed from tables by the dining center staff on the appropriate date. If table tents become torn or smudged before the reserved time is up, they will be removed from the table.