2015 HOMECOMING SCHEDULE
October 12-18, 2015
Monday, Oct. 12, 2015
- 5:30 p.m., Kick Off, Lawther Field
- 9 p.m., Outdoor Movie, Lawther Field
Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Office Decorating Competition Judging
- 8 p.m., Royalty Competition, Maucker Union Ballroom
Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Picnic, Campanile Plaza (Rain location: Maucker Union)
- 5 p.m., Amazing Race Traditions Challenge, Alumni House
- 7:30 p.m., Casino Night, Maucker Union
Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015
- 5-6:45 p.m., Homecoming Special Dinner, Rialto and Piazza
- 8 p.m., Javier Colon, Gallagher-Bluedorn
Friday, Oct. 16, 2015
- 7 p.m., McLeod Madness, McLeod Center
- 7:30 p.m., Orchesis Dance Company and IDT Dance Company performance, Lang Hall Auditorium
- 8:30 p.m., Pep Rally, McLeod Center
- 11:30 p.m.-1 a.m., Coffee and Kisses, Rod Library Bistro
- 12 a.m., Campaniling , Campanile Plaza
Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015
- 11 a.m., Homecoming Parade, UNI Campus
- 12-2 p.m., Residence Hall Open Houses, Residence Halls
- 12:30-3:30 p.m., Alumni Tailgate, West of the UNI-Dome
- 12:30-3:30 p.m., Student Tailgate, TBD
- 4 p.m., UNI Football* vs. Western Illinois, UNI-Dome
- 7 p.m., UNI Volleyball* vs. Drake, McLeod Center
- 8 p.m., The Hot Sardines*, Gallagher-Bluedorn
Sunday, Oct. 18, 2015
- 1 p.m., UNI Soccer vs. Indiana State, Cedar Valley Youth Soccer Complex
- 2 p.m., Orchesis Dance Company and IDT Dance Company performance, Lang Hall Auditorium
For information about alumni reunion events, visit http://unialum.org/events/2015-10.
*Ticketed event. Please visit unitix.uni.edu or call 319-273-4TIX to order tickets.
The 2015 Homecoming Parade is set for Saturday, Oct. 17, 2015! The parade is a great way to bring together the university and its alumni and community to celebrate the past, present and future of UNI. If you’d like to participate in this year’s parade, please fill out the forms noted below and submit by Oct. 5, 2015. Parade Entry Mandatory Meeting will be Oct. 7 at 7 p.m. in the Curris Business Building Room 109! Please contact Connie Hansen [firstname.lastname@example.org] with any questions
Check out the 2014 parade and then sign up to be a part of the 2015 parade!
To view the parade route map, please click here.
Parade Entry Form Downloads
Please complete an entry form for EACH individual entry.
Parade Regulations and Liability Waiver (all participants must print, complete and return to the UNI Alumni Association)
Golf Cart Usage Agreement (UNI student groups/orgs only must print, complete and return to the UNI Alumni Association)
Entry Description/Emcee Information (all participants must fill out this form)
Limited supplies will be provided and available to student organizations building floats: tag board, zip ties, painter’s tape, cardboard, TempraPaint, foam paint brushes, scissors, tape measure, yard stick, string, staple guns and duct tape (for cardboard), paper rotary rack (20 rolls), permanent markers, wire cutters, rubber cement, markers, exacto knife and blades, plastic tarps.
Additional supplies that student organizations may want to bring: extra cardboard, streamers, chicken wire, tissue paper, colored napkins, fringe, pipe cleaners, battery operated lights, wrapping paper, yarn, balloons, foil, stencils, floral, garland.
NOTE: Duct tape cannot be used to tape anything to the golf carts. No painting the actual golf cart. Items can be pre-painted and attached to cart.
Standard two-seat golf cart dimensions: length = 94.5" / width = 47" / height = 45.7" / height with canopy/suntop = 68.5"
Communications and Website
Department of Residence
College Hill Partnership
College Hill Partnership Liaison
Reunions, Colleges Liaison, Alumni Tailgate
Dining Services Liaison
Officer Gary Robinson
Public Safety Officer