The University Honors Program is housed at 2401 College Street - affectionately referred to as the “Honors Cottage”. The Honors Cottage, built in 1890, has the distinction of being the oldest surviving building on campus. It was originally the “President’s Cottage” and served as the home for President Seerley and his family until the current President’s House was completed in 1909. The building most recently served as the Center for Multicultural Education until their move in Fall 2003 to the renovated Maucker Union.
The University Honors Program moved to its current home in May 2004. The facility consists of a seminar room for honors classes, lounge space for relaxing and studying, a kitchen, a small computer lab, private study rooms, and the program’s administrative offices. Honors students are encouraged to make the space their own and use it as a center for their intellectual and social pursuits