September 15-17, 2013
September 15-17, 2013
What to expect?
Potential New Member Responsibilities
- Potential New Member are not allowed to contact or visit any sorority member except during the formal recruitment functions. This does not include normal social contact such as a friendly hello on campus or in the community.
- You are responsible for the following attendance:
- Must attend all 4 events on Friday night
- May attend up to 3 events on Saturday morning
- May attend up to 2 events on Saturday afternoon
- If you are unable to meet at the required times you must notify your Rho Gamma ASAP
- If you leave something at one of the recruitment events, notify your Rho Gamma immediately. She will get it for you ASAP.
- No mementos can be taken from the sorority houses! This includes flowers, gifts, or favors.
- You are advised to complete the entire recruitment process in order to allow yourself ample time to become acquainted with the UNI sororities and Greek Community. If you decide to withdraw from the process, please meet with your Rho Gamma.
Potential New Member Tips to Remember
- Recruitment is a busy time! Please remember to take time for yourself during this process.
- It might be easy to get the four chapters confused, so jot down some notes on the pages provided in your Recruitment Guide book to help organize your thoughts.
- Your Rho Gamma is ALWAYS here for you and wants to make sure you have the best experience possible. She welcomes and questions and concerns you may have about the recruitment and being Greek. Feel free to talk to her at any time if you need (or want) her advice.
- Approach recruitment with a positive attitude! Each chapter wants to get to know you as much as you want to get to know them. Just remember to be yourself!
- Keep an open mind when you are visiting the chapters. This will give you the opportunity to look objectively at each chapter and what it has to offer.
- Make the decision that is right for you! It it easy to listen to our friends, relatives, or other recruitment guests; however, their opinion is just that, an opinion. Recruitment s a time for you to explore each chapter and make the decision as to which chapter fits YOU best. Choose the sorority that you feel most comfortable with, one that can meet your needs, and one to which you could most actively contribute.
- Have FUN and take this time to meet new people!