Recruitment at Northern Iowa
Fall Fraternity Recruitment starts on the first day of classes and continues for two weeks.
Fall 2015 Recruitment Dates: Monday, August, 24-Monday, September 7.
In this period the Northern Iowa Interfraternity Council will be coordinating Greek Information Tables around campus where prospective men can meet all the chapters on campus. Each fraternity chapter will have a wide variety of events for you to find out more about each organization and meet current members. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Why Consider Fraternity Life?
Why "Go Greek?"
- 85% of the Fortune 500 executives are Greek.
- Of the nation's 50 largest corporations, 43 are spearheaded by Greeks.
- 63% of the U.S. President's Cabinet members since 1900 have been Greek.
- Over 85% of the student leaders on some 730 campuses are members of a Greek-letter organization.
- Since 1910, 40 of 47 Supreme Court Justices have been Greek.
- More than 7 million men and women in the USA and Canada are Greek.
- The Greek System is the largest network of volunteers in the U.S, with members donating over 10 million hours of volunteer service each year.
- Studies show that Fraternity members are more likely to remain in college and obtain a degree than non-affiliated students.
- 76% of all Congressmen and Senators belong to a Fraternity or Sorority.
What Does Greek Life at UNI Have to Offer Me?
Our community strives to make every member a more empowered individual. Among other opportunities offered:Involvement on campus through philanthropy and other events.
- Networking opportunities.
- There are 123 fraternities and sororities with 9 million members total
- There are 750,000 undergraduate members in 12,000 chapters on more than 800 campuses in the USA and Canada
- Ability to excel academically.
- Brothers in the same classes that can help create study groups.
- Upperclassmen Brothers to offer academic help and advise.
- Scholarship opportunities
- References to jobs.
- Involvement on campus through philanthropy and other events.
Benefits of Fraternity Life
- Each of UNI's four fraternity chapters have higher GPA's than non-affiliated students
- Study tables/hours programs
- Scholarship opportunities and academic support system
- Many Fraternity men are leaders in other student orgs
- 6 of last 8 NISG Presidents were Fraternity men
- CATS, SAA, RHA, Hall Senates all have Fraternity presence and/or leaders
- Family on campus with immediate social support
- Networking opportunities both within each chapter and the overall Greek community
- Brothers for life (Lifetime member)
- Support of national organization and alumni
- Over 4,000 hours volunteered
- Each chapter hosts annual philanthropy
- Every member participates in other chapter/ campus philanthropies in large numbers