Job Description - SCC Technician
Will be responsible for providing primary technical support and troubleshooting for the Student Computer Centers (SCC) across campus. Will utilize their knowledge of software and systems to improve operations for the SCCs by involvement in a variety of projects from imaging and workstation management to designing and maintaining software applications for use in the SCCs. Able to operate in a self-directed manner, making most decisions about daily tasks, and sets priorities with input from the Support Services Coordinator.
Reports to: ITS-User Services Support Services Coordinator
- Monitor call-tracking software for incoming support tickets, triage support tickets, and respond in an appropriate manner
- Troubleshoot and repair both hardware and software for SCC computer systems, including but not limited to: monitors, printers, scanners, hard drives, and network connections
- Create and update documentation, both internal and external
- Maintain all software applications designed and supported by ITS-User Services
- Package software for deployment
- Create, maintain, and deploy workstation images using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
- Other projects or duties as assigned by the Support Services Coordinator in line with ITS-User Services’ needs and/or position’s skill
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Microsoft Office Suites, basic networking principles, and basic computer hardware themes and concepts.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent writing skills (may be asked to provide an example)
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and time management skills
- A desire to work with students, faculty, and staff in a computer lab environment
- A minimum one year commitment
- Programming and/or scripting experience in languages such as PHP, ColdFusion, Perl, VBscript, or Power shell.
- Previous experience working within ITS
- Experience in training others on technical topics
- Commitment over the winter and summer break
Starting Pay Commensurate with qualifications and experience.