Lynda.com Online Training Library is Now Available Through CatID
UNI has recently licensed the Lynda.com Online Training Library. This library, which contains over 1,700 courses and 92,000 video tutorials, is now available to all faculty, staff and students of the University for access anytime, anywhere with Internet access. Login to Lynda.com is through CatID.
- Lynda.com videos offer straightforward, comprehensive instructional videos on topics related to computer programs such
as Blackboard Learn 9 for both instructors and students, Google Apps, Microsoft Office, and the Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, Flash, Dreamweaver, Illustrator).
- Videos are also available to learn more about digital photography, Web design, digital video, and more.
- The library continues to grow weekly.
- A free lynda.com iPhone App is available for mobile users.
- Faculty who require students to verify completion of a Lynda.com tutorial may ask students to provide them with a
Certificate of Completion which may be printed upon finishing a video.
- The Department of Institutional Research has the responsibility of developing an interface to provide UNI faculty and staff with usage reporting options. Watch for more information about this in the future.
User support information and system requirement details for multiple platforms are available on UNI’s lynda.uni.edu Access site. Additionally, Lynda.com provides a list of Frequently Asked Questions, a blog, podcasts and a newsletter. For more information and to get started using Lynda.com, visit http://lynda.uni.edu.