In support of the University’s single passphrase initiative, ITS-Network Services is adding CatID authentication to the University Web Servers. Soon you will be able to use your CatID username and passphrase to access Sunny, wwwstage and wwwdev servers. Current users of the web servers will be auto-provisioned for CatID access. Departmental accounts will not change at this time. New users wanting access to the web servers will need to fill out a request at http://www.uni.edu/its/forms/web-space-account-request-form  .
- When will these changes take place?
- August 22, 2013 at 8:00 AM
- If I currently do not have web space on the university web servers, do I still need to sign up?
- Yes, but you can now request web space via the web at http://www.uni.edu/its/forms/web-space-account-request-for m
- I have a departmental account, will my username and password change?
- No, your username and password for your department account will stay the same.
- Will I need to change my password on Sunny anymore or will my CatID password be pushed to it?
- It will use the same password that is stored in Active Directory. It won't prompt you to change your password unless your Active Directory password has expired. Most users should have a campus workstation or other CatID authenticated service, such as email, prompt for a password change. So it should be rare for Sunny to prompt for a password change, but it can happen. Since it is authenticating with Active Directory, if you do change your password on Sunny, it will push it to all CatID authentication systems.
- I don’t like my shell when I log in, how do I change it?
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- The current shells that we could provide are:
- If I don’t specifically request my shell when I sign up, what will I get?
- Your default shell will be set to bash