Zoom Video Conferencing - Video Conferencing With Up to 25 people
The University of Northern Iowa has a site license for all students, faculty, and staff to use a video conferencing product called Zoom.us. See directions listed below for downloading and logging in to host a meeting within Zoom.
If you are currently using tools like Skype and Facetime, you need to check out Zoom.US!
ZOOM enables users to have an interactive, high quality video and audio conference from laptops, desktops and other mobile devices with up to 25 attendees. It includes features like screen sharing and recording capabilities. The attendees ARE NOT required to have a license to use ZOOM. This means that, as a host, you can invite up to 24 others into an interactive video conference via an email and those attending do not need to login. This makes it simple to invite others to the conference quickly and easily.
It also includes FREE telephone bridging so you can bring in participants via telephone easily as well. Do you or your attendees have access to H.323 equipment like Polycom, Tandberg/Cisco, and Lifesize? These devices can call in to.
These features make this tool often better than tools that you may have previously used like Skype.
The exciting news is that ZOOM works on devices like, iPhone (iOS), iPAD (iOS), Android devices (cell phones and tablets), Mac (OSX.6 and newer), and Windows (Windows XP and newer). This allows for mobility and capability to make it easier than ever before to do an interactive video and audio conference.
ZOOM also allows you to use your UNI CATID to log in to the application and becomes a GOOGLE instant messaging client for you as well.
We have already used ZOOM in several large events at UNI and have others that are already using it for meetings, instruction and collaboration.
To immediately use ZOOM at UNI to host interactive video conferences, you will need to download ZOOM and log in to ZOOM using your CATID.
Here is how you can get started:
0. Go to http://zoom.us from your mobile device and or computer
1. Scroll to the very bottom of the http://zoom.us website and CLICK ON DOWNLOAD
2. Follow the instructions to download and install
3. Run Zoom
4. To log in and try ZOOM.US out for the first time, in the ZOOM.US application click or tap MEET NOW
5. If you have not logged in yet, you will now see a login screen showing three ways to log in. CHOOSE - LOGIN WITH GOOGLE icon.
6. In the log in window, ENTER YOUR FULL UNI EMAIL ADDRESS ONLY in the EMAIL field and LEAVE the PASSWORD ENTRY BLANK, CLICK SIGN IN. **This step will forward you to your CATID login
7. At the CATID login, log in using your CATID username and passphrase
8. Once you are logged in you will be prompted by the ZOOM.US application with ALLOW ACCESS - CLICK THE ALLOW ACCESS button
You will then be able to use ZOOM without any restrictions.
Remember that any people you invite in to a ZOOM meeting do not need to log in, they can just attend the meeting.
Here are a few links for more information on ZOOM.
Features - http://zoom.us/feature/
Getting Started - http://support.zoom.us/forums/20758543-getting-started
Frequently Asked Questions - http://support.zoom.us/forums/20767572-frequently-asked-questions