Apple Mac OS devices connect slowly to WiFi-UNI
Apple devices are sometimes slow to connect to WiFi-UNI. This is due to a bug in Apple's operating system. The bug is related to how encryption keys are validated. There is a procedure which will work around this bug.
1. Open Keychain Access. You can search for it using spotlight, which is the magnifying glass icon in the upper right.
2. Find the rad1.its-ns.uni.edu certificate.
3. Open the certificate and expand the Trust section.
4. Change Secure Sockets Layer setting using the drop down menu to "Always Trust."
5. When you close the certificate, you will be prompted for administrative credentials.