How do I get started?
For information please contact Dana Foster.
Potential clients can select from several packages to accomplish their health and fitness goals.
Personal Training Services
Recreation Services offer an excellent Personal Training program that allows participants to work one-on-one with a Personal Trainer. Our Personal Trainers focus on education, motivation, and exercise adherence to assist clientele in enjoying the lifelong benefits of regular physical activity.
Personal Training Services Include:
- Pre-training information meeting to discuss individual goals and other important health information
- Customized exercise programs to combine your personal health and fitness goals
- Regular meetings with a Personal Trainer in a one-on-one environment
- Opportunity to independently continue your exercise program after completion
- A variety of packages to choose from that best fit your individual needs
The fitness assessment is a valuable tool when evaluating and designing your personalized exercise program. These assessments are conducted by our Personal Trainers.
Fitness Assessments Include:
- Body Composition Analysis
- Aerobic Capacity Testing/Estimated VO2 Max
- Muscular Strength and Endurance Evaluation
- Flexibility Assessment
- Height and Weight Measurement
- Blood Pressure and Resting HeartRate Testing
Who is it for?
Do you want to improve your health and fitness but aren’t sure how to get started? Let us help! Recreation Services Fitness program is designed with you in mind!
Personal Training Services are for:
- Current UNI Students, Faculty/Staff members, Retirees, or immediate family members
- Individuals of any age (18 and over) and fitness level
- Individuals or groups who want assistance reaching their fitness, health, and performance goals
Individual Packages Available
Group Packages Available
Certified Personal Trainers
All Personal Trainers have passed an eight week intensive program based through the American Council on Exercise (ACE) national certification program. Training includes theory and practical evaluations with an 80% pass requirement. Many student personal trainers are currently majoring in the field of movement and exercise science.
If there is an accommodation you need in order to participate in a RS program or activity, please contact WRC 101 at (319) 273-6275