The following is information concerning scholarships that are available for students with disabilities at the University of Northern Iowa. Scholarship application deadlines are January 15. The scholarship recipients will be notified by the beginning of March.
- To apply for these scholarships, visit the UNI Online Scholarship Directory.
P. BUCKLEY MOSS SCHOLARSHIP
FOR STUDENTS WITH LEARNING DISABILITIES
- Preference will be given to an incoming freshman student, with a documented learning disability and an intended area of study in the field of art, will be awarded $2000 - $2500 each year. If no applicants are pursuing study in the field of art, the scholarship may be awarded to any student with a learning disability or to a student planning to pursue an education interest in teaching students with learning disabilities.
- To apply, complete the application form and a one to two page essay.
CHARLOTTE ANN FEILD MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
FOR STUDENTS WITH MOBILITY IMPAIRMENTS
- Preference will be given to a student with a permanent mobility impairment who uses assistive devices will be awarded $100 - $500 each year. Applicants must also be enrolled full-time at the University of Northern Iowa, maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, and have completed at least 30 credit hours.
- To apply, complete the application form, include a copy of your college transcript, and a one to two page essay. The transcript does not need to be an official transcript.
ROY J. CARVER SCHOLARSHIP
FOR STUDENTS IN THEIR JUNIOR YEAR WHO SHOW EVIDENCE OF UNUSUAL SOCIAL AND/OR OTHER BARRIERS TO ATTENDING COLLEGE (APPLY IN YOUR SOPHOMORE YEAR).