The UNI CIEP Cedar Valley Business Professionals Scholarship is awarded to individuals who are working in the United States under an L1, L2, R1, R2, H1, or H2 visa. The scholarship awards 10% of CIEP tuition fees. To qualify for this scholarship, individuals must be currently employed at a business in the Cedar Valley. Proof of employment, a copy of a valid passport and visa must be submitted with this application.
The CIEP Permanent Resident, Refugee, and Asylum-Seeker Scholarship is awarded to Permanent United States Residents and Asylum-Seekers living in the Cedar Valley. To qualify for this scholarship, students must complete the scholarship application form, demonstrate financial need, and provide proof of their residency through a DV1 or DV2 visa, Greencard, or U.S. passport. The scholarship awards up to 50% of tuition fees.
In the past, the UNI Culture & Intensive English Program has offerred scholarships individuals who are recommended by current UNI employees. This scholarship may provide up to 100% tuition to individuals selected by the scholarship committee.
Scholarship recipients will be responsible for housing, meals, books, airfare, application fee, health insurance and university fees. To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must be recommended by a UNI employee, have a high school diploma, by at least 18 years of age, and must agree to maintain passing grades (73% or higher) during studies in the CIEP.
To be considered for the scholarship, students must submit the following:
- Completed Global Connections Scholarship Application
- Recommendation Letter from a UNI Staff Member
- Completed CIEP Application Form (unless the applicant is a current CIEP or UNI student)
- High School transcript/diploma
Currently there are no Global Connections Scholarship opportunities. Please continue to check this website for further announcements. Questions can be sent to email@example.com
- Be at least 18 years of age and meet regular admission requirements to the CIEP
- Submit a complete application to the CIEP (including application fee).
- Have a high school diploma
- Provide proof of financial guarantee for the remainder of expenses (approximately $3,000)
- Be an international student, currently living outside of the U.S. who is not a former or current student of the CIEP.
- Arriving on the UNI campus in time to attend the orientation program.
- Maintaining passing grades (73% or higher) during studies in the CIEP.
- Maintaining F1 status through full-time enrollment and regular attendance.
In collaboration with the Iowa Sister States, CIEP is proud to announce a scholarship opportunity for students from each of the Iowa Sister States: Cherkasy, Hebei, Kosovo, Stavropol, Taiwan, Terengganu, Veneto, Yamanashi, and Yucatán. There are ten scholarships available. Each scholarship covers 20% of the CIEP tuition for each session a student enrolls. Click here to view the scholarship flyer.
To apply for the scholarship, students must:
- Be originally from one of the Iowa Sister States
- Submit a complete application to the CIEP at: www.uni.edu/ciep/apply
- Complete the Iowa Sister State Scholarship application (download the application here) and email the completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are due at the following days:
- For students interested in studying in the Summer session (June-July), applications are due April 15.
- For students interested in studying in the Fall 1 session (August-October), applications are due June 15.
- For students interested in studying in the Fall 2 session (October- December), applications are due August 15.
- For students interested in studying in the Spring 1 session (January-March), applications are due November 15.
- For students interested in studying in the Spring 2 session (March- May), applications are due January 15.
For questions, please contact: email@example.com