Mathematics: Community College Teaching Emphasis (MA)
Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form on the Overview tab to express your interest in joining a future cohort leading to a Mathematics: Community College Teaching Emphasis MA. The next cohort is scheduled to begin Summer 2017. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines.
Apply for admission
We are currently accepting applications for the Summer 2017. We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible. Applications received by March 17, 2017 will receive full consideration.
Former UNI students: The online application requires logging in with your CatID credentials. If you have forgotten your username or passphrase, contact us at CESP-Consult@uni.edu or 800-772-1746 and let us know that you are interested in applying for a Mathematics MA program.
Need help with your UNI application?
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study (click to open application in a new window)
- Please note that you are applying for admission as a Graduate student for Summer 2017.
- The program for which you are applying is Mathematics: Community College Teaching - MA.
- Entrance exams are not required.
- Note that if you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $60 application fee or request your UNI transcripts.
- International students: Please contact Linda Jernigan at email@example.com or 319-273-5925 for specific instructions.
Required departmental materials
These additional application materials can be attached to the Application for Graduate Study as .pdf files. Materials can be attached during completion or after application has been submitted.
- A completed departmental application
- An essay describing your professional goals and your motivation for pursuing the Mathematics: Community College Teaching Emphasis MA program.
If you have any questions, please contact Deb Blanchard at 319-273-6952 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, you will receive confirmation from UNI Admissions staff that they have received and forwarded your application and transcripts to the Department of Mathematics for review.
The department will review your application materials and contact you about your admission status. Following admission to the program, you will receive information about how to enroll in the first set of courses.
Delivery of the program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.