Elementary Education (MAE)
Step one: Express your interest
Please complete the online interest form on the Overview tab to express your interest in joining a future Elementary Education MAE cohort. We will use the information you provide to send you program updates, including important information about application deadlines as they become available.
Step two: Apply for admission
We encourage you to apply for admission to graduate studies through the University of Northern Iowa as soon as possible. We are now accepting applications for the Fall 2017 cohort.
Former UNI students: The online application requires logging in with your CatID credentials. If you have forgotten your username or passphrase, contact us at CESP-Consult@uni.edu or 800-772-1746 and let us know that you are interested in applying for the Elementary Education MAE program.
Need help with your UNI application?
- Complete the online Application for Graduate Study (click to open application in a new window)
- Please note that you are applying for admission in the category of Degree Status for Fall 2017.
- The program for which you are applying is Elementary Education - MAE.
- Entrance exams are not required.
- Note that if you have received a degree from UNI, you do not have to pay the non-refundable $60 application fee.
- International students: Please contact Linda Jernigan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 319-273-5925 for specific instructions.
What to expect
When your application for graduate study is complete, you will receive confirmation from UNI Admissions staff that they have received and forwarded your application and transcripts to the Department of Curriculum and Instruction for review.
The department will review your application materials and contact you about your admission status. Following admission to the program, you will be provided enrollment information as it becomes available.
Delivery of this program is contingent on a sufficient number of students being accepted into the program.