GISW ENGLISH 1120 Introduction to Literature -- 3 unit(s)
Understanding and appreciation of the basic forms of literature through close reading of literary texts, including works originally written in English.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- UNI students: No credit if prior credit in ENGLISH 2120. May not be taken for credit toward any English major or minor.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- Liberal Arts Core
- Students who plan to graduate from UNI must complete the Liberal Arts Core (LAC). This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to Category 3. Fine Arts, Literature, Philosophy and Religion - B. Literature, Philosophy or Religion. For details about your LAC, please discuss with your advisor and/or visit www.uni.edu/lac.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Humanities distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Bill (William) Koch, Instructor
Schilb, J., & Clifford, J. Making Literature Matter: An Anthology for Readers and Writers. 2003/2nd edition. Boston: Bedford/St. Martin's.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746