GISP HUM 3123 Latin America -- 3 unit(s)
Historical, political, social and cultural elements that form the civilization of Latin America.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- UNI students: No credit if student has credit in SPAN 3020. May not be taken for credit toward History majors or minors.
This course is available in a print-based format. Mail completed assignments to the GIS Office. We will forward them to the instructor for grading.
- Liberal Arts Core
- Students who plan to graduate from UNI must complete the Liberal Arts Core (LAC). This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to Category 2. Civilizations and Cultures - B. Non-Western Cultures. For details about your LAC, please discuss with your advisor and/or visit www.uni.edu/lac.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Humanities distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Robert Talbott, Professor Emeritus
Keen, B. A History of Latin America. 2000/6th edition, 2nd volume. Boston, MA: Houghton Mifflin Company.
Keen, B. Latin American Civilization: History and Society, 1492 to the Present. 2000/7th edition. Bolder, CO: Westview Press.
Additional Course Materials
COURSE PACKETThis course requires that you purchase a course packet. Course packets are available from Copyworks. Call 319-266-2306 to order your course packet over the phone with a credit card. Packets are available electronically or through hard copy.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746