GISW NUTR 1030 Basic Nutrition -- 2 unit(s)
Study of nutrition in relation to growth development and maintenance of the body.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- Course credit may be applied to the Iowa School Health Education Teaching Endorsement (Required Category: Human Nutrition).
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: No credit for NUTR 1030 if credit previously earned in 310:032.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Tammie Collum, Instructor
Sizer, F., & Whitney, E. Nutrition Concepts and Controversies. 2014/13th edition. Belmont, Ca: Wadsworth Cengage Learning. 1133603181
The text is available in a number for format options including: standard bound version, looseleaf version, online format, individual chapters for purchase online, rental text. Cengagebrain.com has more information on the options available. Texts designated as "International versions" often contain different content than the U.S. version and therefore are not recommended.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746