GISW SOC 2030 Sociology of Families -- 3 unit(s)
Examination of social aspects of families by reviewing research on topics such as mate selection, marital quality, work and families, parenthood, divorce and remarriage and family diversity.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: SOC 1000; junior standing
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Social Sciences distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Karen Cunningham, Individual Studies Director & Instructor
Newman, D. Families: A Sociological Perspective. 2008/1st edition. McGraw-Hill Publishers. 13:978-0-07-340416-5
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746