GISW SW 4175/5175 Child Welfare Policy and Practice -- 3 unit(s)
Review of development of family and children's services and practice, focusing on current services, programs and social work practice issues. Examination of policies and legislation, emphasizing how such policies affect family functioning and the delivery of services.
View/download a printable course flyer.
This course is currently under development/revision. Join our mailing list to be notified when this course becomes available.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: SW 1041; junior standing
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Professional Fields distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Cindy Juby, Department Head & Associate Professor
Mather, J., Lager, P. B., & Harris, N. J. Child Welfare: Policies and Best Practices. 2007. Belmont, CA: Thomson.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- No new enrollments are being accepted at this time. Join our mailing list to be notified when this course becomes available.
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746