The University of Northern Iowa has adopted the Quality Matters program for quality assurance and continuous improvement for the design of online courses. Quality Matters is a set of standards based upon research, best practices and national standards for course design. These standards are used as a framework to design, revise and improve blended and online courses. Quality Matters includes a peer review process in which internal reviewers provide feedback on blended and online courses according to a set of standards, QM Rubric, for course design.
Questions? Contact UNI’s Quality Matters Institutional Representative Belle Cowden at email@example.com or 319-273-7211.
The Office of Continuing and Distance Education strives to integrate Quality Matters standards throughout all elements of online course design, including:
- Quality Matters professional development workshops
- Call for proposals and awards for online course development
- Course guidelines
- Instructional and administrative support
- Support for the development of course materials, resources and technologies
- Support for accessibility
- Review of new and existing online courses