GISW ENGLISH 1005 College Writing and Research -- 3 unit(s)
Emphasis on critical reading and the writing of a variety of texts with attention to audience, purpose and rhetorical strategies. Attention to integrating research materials with students' critical and personal insights.
View/download a printable course flyer.
- Course syllabus
- View the course syllabus for more details.
- Course notes
- No credit if prior credit in ENGLISH 2015 or ENGLISH 2120.
This course is available in an online format, utilizing web pages and eLearning, a learning management system requiring Internet access and a web browser. Students may need access to someone who can assist with computer set-up.
- UNI students: UNI's high school English admissions requirement.
- Liberal Arts Core
- Students who plan to graduate from UNI must complete the Liberal Arts Core (LAC). This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to Category 1. Core Competencies - A. Reading and Writing. For details about your LAC, please discuss with your advisor and/or visit www.uni.edu/lac.
- Bachelor of Liberal Studies (BLS) distribution area
- Students working toward their Bachelor of Liberal Studies may apply credit earned in this course to their degree. This Guided Independent Study course is applicable to the Communications and Arts distribution area. Learn more about the BLS degree program.
Bill (William) Koch, Instructor
Koch, B. Writing and Research for College: Developing an Imaginative Literacy. 2010/1st edition. Dubuque: Kendall-Hunt.
University Book and Supply (UBS) carries most books used in GIS courses. Search for textbooks by course choosing "UNIV.NORTHERN IOWA" and the term you are enrolled in and GSW (web) or GSP (print) for the section.
Visit UBS at 1009 West 23rd Street, Cedar Falls, IA 50613
Phone: 319-266-7581 or 800-728-7581, Email: email@example.com
Texts may also be available from www.bookfinder.com.
- To enroll
- Visit the GIS Enrollment page for forms and information.
Or visit us at CEEE 16 on the UNI campus. Campus Map
- For more information
- Guided Independent Study
UNI Continuing and Distance Education
319-273-2123 or 800-772-1746