It is the policy of the Counseling Center to provide limited psychological testing for Counseling Center clients and for some other campus constituents. Requests for comprehensive psychological testing services will be referred to the UNI Psychological Assessment Clinic or community providers.
- Currently available tests include the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory which are both provided online through an annual contract with CPP and administered via the Skillsone website. The current fees are $15 for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and $10 for the Strong Interest Inventory.
- Counseling Center clients may take either or both assessments when referred by their counselor.
- Your Counselor will complete the Testing Request Form and have you sign the form in order to have the fee charged to you University bill. You will then be provided with the instructions for completing the test or tests. You can take the test or tests at anytime from any computer with internet access.
- The results of your test will be provided to you by your counselor who will assist you in interpreting the results.
- Faculty and staff members in other university departments may administer and interpret the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and the Strong Interest Inventory for other purposes, including class instruction, career counseling, and group development.
- The faculty or staff member administering the test for such purposes will have you sign the Assessment Request Form and provide you with the instructions for completing the test or tests. The faculty or staff member will forward the Assessment Request Form to the Counseling Center where we will add the appropriate charges to your University bill.
- The results of your test or tests will be downloaded by the Counseling Center and emailed to you and/or the faculty or staff member.
- In cases where another department pays the testing fees instead of the individual student (e.g. for Orientation Staff training), payment will be made by an interdepartmental transfer instead of charging the individual student.
Contact the Counseling Center Director, Dr. David Towle, at 319-273-2676 or email@example.com if you have any questions about testing policies and procedures.