University of Northern Iowa
Office of Compliance and Equity Management
(Position filled for 2014-15)
Position Title: Graduate Assistant
Reports to: Leah Gutknecht, Assistant to the President for Compliance and Equity Management and Title IX Officer
Terms of Employment:
- For the fall semester: 20 hours per week, beginning August 25, 2014 and ending December 19, 2014. Does not include the week of Thanksgiving Break.
- For the spring semester: 20 hours per week, beginning January 12, 2015 and ending May 8, 2015. Does not include the week of Spring Break.
- Full assistantship salary is $4800 per semester.
- Salary is prorated on a weekly basis for late start.
- Graduate Assistants may qualify for in-state tuition and fees.
- Graduate Assistants receive University holidays and do not work during Thanksgiving Break, Spring Break, or the interims between semesters.
- For more information on the Graduate Assistantship System and procedures: http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships/
The Graduate Assistant will:
- Create an ongoing outreach program for employees in the Department of Residence focused on providing a welcoming and professional environment to new employees while ensuring retention of current employees.
- Design a pilot program that includes orientation modules, training, communication, and educational components aimed at instilling a productive, respectful and welcoming environment.
- Review hiring and selection procedures and make recommendations for improvements.
- Audit current initiatives, assess effectiveness of current strategies, and determine additional needs.
- Develop on-line and in-person training modules for employees to continue throughout their years of service at UNI.
- Design and implement communication and outreach strategies.
- Provide for evaluation system to assess effectiveness and progress of program.
- Plan for campus-wide implementation of program if deemed successful.
- Must be a full-time, degree-seeking student in a UNI graduate program.
- Must be enrolled in 9 graduate credits each semester of assistantship.
- Maintain a Plan and cumulative GPA of at least 3.00. First semester graduate students must have an undergraduate GPA of at least 3.00.
- Must have ability to keep information confidential.
Additionally the ideal candidate will have the following preferred qualifications:
- B.A. degree in psychology, management, communications, public policy or a related field;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including public speaking/presentations;
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills;
- Demonstrated ability to be self-motivated and conduct oneself in a highly professional manner;
- Demonstrated ability to learn and apply new technology.
Application Process and Deadline: To apply email the completed Application Form for Graduate Assistantship (available at http://www.grad.uni.edu/assistantships) to email@example.com.
Applications received by May 9, 2014 will be given preferential consideration.