Integrating E-Portfolios Into Your Assessment Strategy, from Academic Impressions, is being co-sponsored by the Office of Academic Assessment and ITS-Educational Technology.
Wednesday, November 17
Oak Room, lower level of Maucker Union
Feel free to come late and/or leave early, as your schedule allows. Bring your lunch and something to drink; cookies will be provided.
The webinar will "review and address basic issues and challenges related to using e-portfolios for learning and assessment"; the agenda is as follows:
- Alignment of learning outcomes in course and program design
- Addressing assessment of vs. assessment for learning (summative and formative learning assessment)
- Collecting evidence of educational effectiveness
- Tracking students' progress toward course, department, program, and/or institutional learning goals
- Exploring the range of applications and uses of different kinds of evidence
- Case studies illustrating how Folio Thinking and e-portfolio pedagogy and technology can support learning assessment efforts
Presenters include (for additional information see the link above):
- Helen Chen, Stanford University
- John Ittelson, California State University
- Tracy Penny Light, St. Jerome's University