An online electronic hiring system for the University of Northern Iowa
We are pleased to announce the new Jobs@UNI an online electronic hiring system for use with Faculty, P&S, Academic Administrator and Institutional Official searches. This project is a result of the successful collaboration with the University of Iowa (UI) and has been customized to meet UNI’s need. Jobs@UNI will replace the paper-based processes that are currently used to conduct searches with a more efficient and accessible online system. Phase two of this project related to Merit searches will be launched at a later date.
The following for all new Faculty, P&S, Academic Administrator and
Institutional Official searches will be completed through Jobs@UNI:
- Initiating, submitting and approving search requisitions, replacing the Request to Fill Faculty Position and the P&S Search Procedure forms. (Special Note: Please complete the Search Requisition Preparer Authorization form to initiate and submit online search requisitions by prior to conducting a search.)
- Applicants will create a profile and submit application materials online.
- Search committees will view and evaluate application materials online, replacing the Faculty Interview Pool Approval form and the P&S Search Log.
- Selection and offer process, replacing the Faculty Employment Selection Record and the P&S Search Log Cover Sheet forms.
- Deans and directors will complete offer letters and the offer process for all new Faculty, P&S, Academic Administrator and Institutional Official searches.
Benefits of Jobs@UNI
Jobs@UNI will provide search committees and applicants an interactive and more efficient means of managing the recruitment process while ensuring compliance with University policies and procedures.
Benefits for Faculty and Staff
This system delivers enhanced functionality and process improvements with:
- Automated workflow with real-time status updates.
- Automated step-by-step approval notifications.
- 24/7 system access allowing users to approve workflow from any location with Internet access.
- Shortened response time to applicants and selected candidates for hire.
- Electronic paperless system supporting the University’s sustainability objectives.
- More robust data analytics, including more effective data collection to support affirmative action efforts.
- Implementation of a “best practice” applicant tracking model.
Benefits for Applicants
This system provides applicants with:
- Secure online account protecting confidential personal information.
- Access to search and view any current University openings.
- Ability to utilize customized search agents to receive notifications for positions meeting selected criteria.
- Ability to apply 24/7 from any location with Internet access.
- Real-time application acknowledgment notifications.
- Ability to upload electronic versions of resume and other application materials.
- Ability to view search status once application is submitted.
This system will improve the overall search and applicant experience throughout the recruitment and selection process.
About the Jobs@UNI Team
To provide a complete University staffing perspective, the Jobs@UNI team is a partnership between Human Resource Services, the Office of Compliance & Equity Management, and the Executive Vice President & Provost’s Office.
Members of the Support Team are:
For further information or questions about Jobs@UNI, please contact the Jobs@UNI team