Chapter 1: Introduction and Background
2. Trade Promotion
3. Retail Promotion
4. Fashion Show History
- Fashion Dolls
- Influential Designers: Charles Frederick Worth, Paul Poiret, Christian Dior, Mary Quant, Vivienne Westwood, Viktor and Rolf.
Chapter 2: Types of Fashion Shows
1. Couture Shows
2. Ready-to-wear Shows
3. Trade Shows
4. Trade Association Shows
5. Press Shows
6. Fashion Trend Shows
7. In-store Training Shows
Be able to define, explain purpose, and know audience.
Know 4 major regional apparel mart locations.
Chapter 3: Fashion Show Administration
1. Learn the Organization Chart explaining key roles played by all members of the fashion show team (see Figure 3.2).
2. Know purpose of and how to draft a security contract.
Chapter 4: Fashion Promotion Basics
1. Institutional Advertising
2. Promotional Advertising
3. Visual Merchandising
4. Public Relations
5. Direct Marketing
Know elements of a press release and how to put one together.
Know basic components of a media kit.
Know when to use magazine, newspaper, TV and radio as promotional tools.
Know terminology related to newspaper advertising.
- standard advertising unit
- run-of-position (ROP) rate
- preferred position rate
- full run edition
- zoned run editions
Chapter 5: Managing Merchandise
1. Be able to estimate show time in minutes, based on number of designs.
2. Know the purpose of and how to put together a merchandise loan record.
3. Know the purpose of and how to put together a fit sheet.
Chapter 6: Managing Models
1. Know the purpose of and how to put together a Model Application.
2. Know the purpose of and how to put together a Model Release Form.
3. Know the purpose of and how to put together a list of Model Expectations.
4. Know the purpose of and how to put together a Model Contract.