The members of the staff of the Office of the Registrar support and enhance the academic, student, and administrative activities of the university enterprise by providing quality services and personal engagement. We apply our expertise in academic support matters to further the culture, values, vision, and mission of the Division of Student Affairs and the University.
It is the intended mission of the staff and management of the Office of the Registrar to achieve the following goals and/or objectives during the 2010-2011 academic year:
- To make measurable progress with the conversion of all paper permanent student academic records (transcripts) into our imaging system.
- To coordinate and deploy our staffing resources to help implement the Student Records module of the Campus Solutions student information system.
- To enhance our web presence and to align the sight and feel of our site with that of the Division of the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- To assist, as appropriate, with the visit of the accreditation team of the Higher Learning Commission.
- To assist, as appropriate, with the university audit as conducted by the National Collegiate Athletic Association.
- To create, write, edit, and publish the 2010-12 edition of the University Catalog.
- To expand the use of Ad Astra with goals of:
- Increasing compliance with standard class meeting times;
- Increasing the dispersion of class offerings over the entire instructional day;
- Provide better information to departments on what courses are needed to be offered;
- Increase space utilization; and
- Support student class registration and degree completion needs.
- To re-format and re-stage our commencement ceremonies.
- To partially re-model the office layout to provide additional work stations.
- To design and publish a new university diploma.
- To promote the professional development of staff by attendance at regional and national professional associations' meetings.
- To change policies regarding probation/suspension in relation to first year students with the advice and approval of the University Faculty Senate.