1. Regular Meetings. There shall be at least one regular meeting of the faculty each year. Regular meetings of the faculty shall be called by the chairperson of the faculty; the chairperson may also call special meetings of the faculty.
2. Special Meetings.
2.1 By Petition. A special meeting of the faculty shall be called by the secretary of the faculty on receipt of a petition signed by thirty members of the faculty.
2.2 Called by Senate. The University Faculty Senate may, by majority vote of those present and voting. call a special meeting of the faculty. In this case, the secretary of the University Faculty Senate shall prepare a descriptive listing of the items to be discussed at the aforementioned meeting and shall promptly inform the chairperson of the faculty and the secretary of the faculty.
2.3 Requested by the President or Vice-President and Provost. The chairperson of the faculty shall, at the request of the President of the University or of the Vice-President and Provost, call a special meeting of the faculty.
3. Notice of Meetings. The secretary of the faculty shall prepare and distribute to the entire faculty and to recognized student government leaders, at least one week in advance whenever possible and practicable, a descriptive listing of the item(s) to be discussed at regular or special faculty meetings.
4. Regular Meetings: Reserved Times. A period of time sufficient to provide for a meeting of not less than fifty minutes in length shall be set aside once each month of the academic year for the scheduling of regular faculty meetings. No collegiate-grade classes and no other professional meetings or class exercises, insofar as possible and practicable, shall be scheduled for this period.
5. Meetings: Times and Places. Determination of the time and the place of faculty meetings shall normally be the responsibility of the chairperson of the faculty, except in the case of meetings called by majority vote of the Senate or by petition. In the latter two cases, responsibility for determining the time and place of the meeting falls to the secretary of the faculty. In either case, the faculty officer shall request the cooperation of the University administration in reserving appropriate times and places for meetings.
6. Parliamentary Guide. Except as provided by this Constitution, or by the standing rules or bylaws of the faculty, Robert's Rules of Order (latest revision) shall be the parliamentary guide for the conduct of business in regular and special meetings of the University faculty.
6.1 Appointment of Parliamentarian. The chairperson of the faculty shall appoint a faculty member to serve as parliamentarian during the chairperson's term of office; the appointee shall perform such duties as the chairperson may stipulate.
6.2 New Business and Deferred Final Action. The chairperson of the faculty shall, as time and the agenda may permit, recognize members of the faculty who desire to present new and undocketed business at a regular or special facility meeting. However, final action and vote on new and undocketed business shall automatically be postponed until the next regular or special faculty meeting when such business will be the first order of business at the commencement of the aforementioned meeting. By a two-thirds vote of those faculty members present and voting the provisions of this section may, for the instant meeting only be overridden and immediate action on new and undocketed business concluded.
6.3 Specially Privileged Motion to Adjourn. After the expiration of fifty minutes from the commencement of a regular or special faculty meeting, a member of the faculty may interrupt debate to move to adjourn and the chairperson shall immediately put this motion to a vote of the faculty then present; the motion shall be undebatable; if the motion is adopted, the meeting shall be adjourned forthwith and the business under consideration just previous to the motion to adjourn shall be the first order of business at the commencement of the next regular or special meeting of the faculty.
6.4 Quorum: Regular Meeting. A quorum for a regularly scheduled meeting of the faculty for which notice has been sent at least one week in advance shall consist of 15% of the University faculty as listed in the current faculty roster.
6.5 Quorum: Special Meetings: A quorum for a special meeting of the faculty shall consist of 25% of the membership of the University faculty as listed In the current faculty roster.
7. Meetings Open to the Public. Regular and special meetings of the faculty shall be open to the public, except when the faculty votes to sit in executive session.