Student Life Team members are a student-led organization that represent the Office of Student Life. Their vision is engage current and transfer students in opportunities to get involved with at UNI. The purpose of the organization is to connect students to avenues of shared experiences, promote student engagement, provide resources to the existing 250+ organizations and potential student organizations, educate students on the rich traditions of UNI, and encourage student leadership and development through their involvement in student organizations. The Student Life Team provides one on one consultations, hands on training, group presentations and workshops that help connect student to resources that are available through the Office of Student Life. The Student Life Team will be supervised by the Student Organizations Coordinator in the Student Life Office.
- Must be enrolled as a full student at UNI
- Must have a 2.5 gpa or higher
- Must be available for bi-monthly meetings, training sessions, some evenings and weekends
- Summer Orientation dates are preferred but not required
- Must be able to schedule office hours for one on one meetings
- Ability to speak in front of large groups of people
- Passionate about UNI
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Members will be selected through an application and interview
- Volunteer hours will fluctuate on a weekly bases
**Personal characteristics for this position include: knowledge of UNI resources, connectedness to and involvement on campus, approachability, ability to role model, ability to maintain confidentiality, dependability, flexibility, appreciation of diversity, and good communication skills.
- Leadership training and experience
- Opportunity to develop professional and personal relationships with faculty, staff and students.
- Develop and understanding of campus traditions, policies and procedures and event planning.
- Each member will receive a polo, nametag, t-shirt and binder
There will be bi-monthly meetings and attendance is expected. Meetings are designed to review updates and changes in Student Life policies and procedures, scheduling for student team programs, presentations and events.
Students interested in becoming a member of the Student Life Team should complete an application and submit it online.
Application Deadline: Jan. 31, 2017
Information Sessions: Jan. 24, 2017 (Elm Room/Maucker Union) at 2pm & 5pm