Austria: IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems
Live and learn in Austria's most charming student town: Krems!
UNI students can study abroad at Krems University of Applied Sciences for either the semester, academic-year, or a short-term summer program.
This is an exchange partner so if you study abroad during the semester or academic year, you will pay UNI tuition and fees for this program.
Dates & Deadlines
Term: Spring 2024
App Deadline: Sunday, October 1, 2023
Program Dates: Monday, February 12 to Friday, June 28, 2024
Krems is a small town in Austria with around 23,000 people. It is about 40 miles from Vienna and is a very historic city.
The short-term summer program provides students the opportunity to engage the faculty's expertise of IMC University of Applied Sciences Krems and WU Vienna. Because of this, time is spent on the campus in Krems and Vienna. It is very easy to commute between the two cities (about 40 miles apart).
IMC Krems offers courses in Business, Digitalization and Engineering, Health, and Life Sciences. Details on course options available can be found on Krems' Course Overview page.
About one month prior to the semester start, students will be able to get information on the course registration.
Estimated Program Cost: $13,446*
*estimated total cost of participation, actual amount depends on type of housing accommodation selected, actual airfare purchase price, personal spending habits, and other factors
|Estimated Total Program Cost||$13,446|
|Estimated U-bill Charges||$5,292|
|Estimated Out-of-Pocket Costs||$8,154|
Cost of Studying On Campus at UNI*
*per semester, estimated, will vary per person
|Tuition & Fees||$4,864|
|Room & Board||$4,824|
Eligibility Requirements to Study Abroad
The Study Abroad Center reserves the right to determine participants' eligibility to study abroad. Students must have a completed study abroad application, including supportive recommendation form(s). Additionally, students must meet all of the following in order to be eligible to study abroad:
- Have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher at the time of application and maintain this cumulative GPA prior to departure and throughout the study abroad process
- If your cumulative GPA is lower than 2.5, submit the following to the Study Abroad Center (103 East Bartlett):
- Letters of reference from two academic contacts (e.g. academic advisor and former or current professor) supporting your pursuit of study abroad. If you are attending a faculty-led study abroad program, one of the letters must be from a course leader. However, if the program has two course leaders, only one of the letters can be from one of the course leaders.
- Must be over the age of 18 years old
- Must meet the course prerequisites (participation in the program is dependent upon meeting these)
- Must be in good standing with the university
- UNI's partner institutions may require additional eligibility requirements to be met, these vary from institution to institution. Please consult with the Study Abroad Center staff to discuss these additional requirements, if applicable.
- Applicants traveling to a region of a country or a country with an overall Travel Advisory Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or 4 (Do Not Travel) will not be eligible