The Lawrence M. Jepson International Experience Award has been established to honor Lawrence Jepson’s vision to understand the importance of global interrelationships. His endowment supports activities in the area of international economics. The awards will be given to students who are majoring in Economics and going abroad through UNI’s study abroad program. The award amount will vary every year depending on the number of applicants.
Consider applying for other CBA study abroad scholarships as well on the CBA's website.
Summer programs: February 15 of the year of travel
Fall programs: March 30 of the year of travel
Winter break programs: October 1
Spring programs: October 30 of the year BEFORE travel
- Must be majoring in Economics with a GPA of 2.5.
- At least in junior standing.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form.
- Write a brief note (no more than 400 words) on the economic history of the country you are traveling to.
- Applicants must meet with Professor Shahina Amin before applying.
- In order to receive the awards, the awardees must attend the Jepson events.
- Upon return, awardees must write a note (no more than 350 words) on the travel experience and submit it to Professor Amin.
- Priority will be given to students who have not traveled abroad before.
It is expected that students traveling with this award are going to be good ambassadors of the Department of Economics and UNI. Students must abide by the rules and regulations put forward to by the UNI’s study abroad program. Any violation of this could potentially result in a revocation of the award and/or loss of consideration for any future Lawrence Jepson Awards.