A semester at National Chengchi University will pay dividends for business students. With business specific courses taught in English, NCCU offers students the unique ability to learn about the global economy in action. Chengchi is located in Taipei and is regarded as one of the top universities in Taiwan. In addition to business, NCCU offers courses in: Communications, Education, Foreign Languages and Literature, International Affairs, Law, Science, Social Sciences. NCCU has its own special relationship with UNI's Counseling department. If you are a graduate student looking for more information, please contact the Study Abroad Center to set-up an information session.
For a 300-year-old city, Taipei is having a very late coming-of-age party. But then again, this unhurried but vibrant capital has taken a while to become comfortable in its own skin. With Chinese, Japanese and Western influences in its food, culture, folk arts and architecture, Taipei has finally decided that it's a mix, and all the better for it.
As with the multifarious street food, the traveler is advised to go for the xiao chi (little snacks) in everything. Day trips are particularly delicious, and a quick MRT ride takes you to tea fields, hot springs, river parks, and colonial towns backed by a mountainous national park. Within Taipei don't miss the Minnan-style temples beautified with unique decorative arts, the heritage lanes turned gourmet cafe and boutique centres, the buzzing neon neighbourhoods or the nightlife scene, growing in reputation yearly. Taking part in a semester in Taiwan, students will experience first-hand the beauty of Taiwan.
NCCU offers over 300 English taught courses, as well as a number of English-taught International Programs at the undergraduate, master's, and doctoral levels. There are courses available in the following areas listed below.
- Foreign Languages and Literature
- International Affairs
- Social Sciences
Credit Equivalents/Grade Conversion:
Credits - 72 class hours = 5 UNI Credits
Grades - 90-100= A, 89-80= B, 79-70= C, 69-below= No Credit
Important information to review:
Review the roles of the Advisee and the Advisor under the main menu Get Started
Entry and Exit Requirements:
- Review and follow the travel recommendations of the CDC for Taiwan
- Monitor appropriate websites for updates and information about COVID or other emergencies before departing and while in the destination country. The U.S. Embassy for Taiwan provides updates that can be found on their website
(MA programs). There are also 27 of the graduate institutes offering doctoral programs. In addition, in acting upon the school policy of implementing their back-flow education, found 16 on-the-job MA programs.
NCCU also provides a series of public facilities including the Center for Public and Business Administration Education, Social Science Information Center, Computer Center, Institute of International Relations, Election Study Center, Center for the Third Sector, Center for Creativity and Innovation Studies, Center for China Studies and Taiwan Studies Center to support instructors and students’ educational needs. In addition, NCCU also has an affiliated high school, an experimental elementary school, and kindergarten, by which NCCU forms a consistent and articulated education system from pre-school level to the Ph.D. program.
Housing & Meals
- On-campus Dormitory: 4-person room for undergraduate students
- Off-campus International House (I-House): limited single suites and double suites are available
International students not residing in Taiwan are given first priority and applications to dorm accommodations must be made at least two months prior to entrance in our University. There are no coed dormitories at NCCU. Graduate students are housed in single or double rooms which are furnished though students must make arrangements for their own mattress, bedding, linens, etc. Exchange students can choose housing in the online application system, and we would help arrange accordingly. Please note, if students didn't get the first choice, we will go to student's second choice for arrangement
Laundry, food, and entertainment facilities are also available at the dormitories; however, cooking is prohibited.
Students are able to eat at the cafeteria or local restaurants around town.
Taiwan: National Chengchi University
Estimated Program Cost:
* estimated total cost of participation, actual amount depends on type of housing accommodation selected, actual airfare purchase price, personal spending habits, and other factors
Cost of studying on-campus*
*per semester, estimated, will vary per person
Tuition & Fees:
Room & Board:
Dates & Deadlines
Eligibility Requirements to Study Abroad
The Study Abroad Center reserves the right to determine participants' eligibility to Study Abroad. Students must have a completed study abroad application, including supportive recommendation form(s). Additionally, students must meet all of the following in order to be eligible to Study Abroad:
- Have a cumulative 2.5 GPA or higher at the time of application and maintain this cumulative GPA prior to departure and throughout the study abroad process
- If your cumulative GPA is lower than 2.5, submit the following to the Study Abroad Center (103 East Bartlett):
- Letters of reference from two academic contacts (e.g. academic advisor and former or current professor) supporting your pursuit of study abroad. If you are attending a faculty-led study abroad program, one of the letters must be from a course leader. However, if the program has two course leaders, only one of the letters can be from one of the course leaders.
- Must be over the age of 18 years old
- Must meet the course prerequisites (participation in the program is dependent upon meeting these)
- Must be in good standing with the University
- UNI's partner institutions may require additional eligibility requirements to be met, these vary from institution to institution. Please consult with the Study Abroad Center staff to discuss these additional requirements, if applicable.
- Applicants traveling to a region of a country or a country with an overall Travel Advisory Level 3 (Reconsider Travel) or 4 (Do Not Travel) will not be eligible.
- All study abroad applicants must pass the Study Abroad Applicant Assessment with a score of 70% or greater.
- Applicants may be selected for an in-person interview before being accepted. Selection for an interview does not guarantee acceptance into the program. You will be contacted directly by the Study Abroad Center if selected for an interview.